Since 2012, the Hub has been working with a range of music educators, cultural organisations and freelance practitioners to support and develop the music curriculum across every key stage and with almost every school in the area. At Key Stage 1, the Hub is dedicated to enabling the youngest students in the area take their first steps in music making through a package of live musical inputs, expert advice and coaching for all teaching staff.
The ambition is to support non-specialist teachers progress the integration of music into their classroom delivery and in doing so, build a legacy of learning and a community of practice.
The Hub commissioned Coda Music Trust to develop this resource as part of their KS1 strategic programme. With input from a range of Hub partners, Coda have created an accessible and practical guide, offering introductions and links to online resources, activities, tips and quick wins all underpinned by a pedagogical approach to music education.
Download the pack by section:
1. Introduction – The power of learning in music
2. National Curriculum for Music – Key requirements
3. Online Resources – On the web
4. Singing & the voice – The power of words
5. Listening – Music, Music, everywhere
6. Instruments – Playing in groups
7. Music Session- Sam Mason’s Tips & Tricks
8. Composing – Exploring timbre, pitch & rhythm