We introduced the membership scheme in 2015 and we’re pleased to confirm that we haven’t raised the subscription rates since they were first introduced. As a school, to access our full service and the benefits it brings, you will need to be a member.
In advance of Autumn term 2017, member schools should have received the introductory letter & information leaflet. If you have yet to receive it, or would like us to send you the information again, please email email@example.com
Membership has now closed for 2017/18 to enable us to effectively plan and budget for the incoming academic year.
Why £1 per student?
We believe this is an affordable and fair formula, on the basis that larger schools get greater levels of investment. Membership rates are calculated using 2016/17 school rolls, with adjustments downwards to take account of year groups that will have little contact with the offer. No school will pay more than £750.
What if my school doesn’t become a member?
You will only get a baseline offer: we will help you to develop your School Music Education Plan. However, your school won’t get back any of the added value nor activities/funding provided by membership to help you realise your plan, nor access to the subsidised Wave Arts Education services.
*Individual students from non-member schools will still be able to access SoundStorm ensembles, and hire instruments from us, at the same rates as anyone else. Non-member schools can also hire instruments and buy in projects from the Wave Arts Project Portfolio, but these will be at full price, not subsidised rates
Benefits of membership
- At least £4 investment into your school music department for every £1 paid
- Full access to SoundStorm and the Music Education Hub network and all our partners
- As part of the £4 for £1 offer, each school is offered a financial allocation to support and enhance your music education priorities. This can include First Access (are priority at primary phase); singing support; ensemble development; inspirational experiences; grants to establish ensembles; instrument loans or other activities that will help deliver the best music education to your students
- Access to the Wave Arts Education programme including opportunities to access subsidised projects, CPD, special events and offers from partners
- Opportunities to access additional subsidised cultural activities in your school: eg. visiting musicians/artists, major venue performance, staff CPD and last-minute ticket offers from our partners etc
- Highly subsidised access to our extensive instrument loan service (please visit instrument loans)
- Award–winning officer advice and support
- An enriched school offer to promote to parents and OFSTED
- Opportunities to input into music and cultural education strategies
If you would like to join the membership scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org