We introduced the membership scheme in 2015 and we’re pleased to confirm that we haven’t raised the subscription rates since they were first introduced. As a school, to access our full service and the benefits it brings, you will need to be a member.
In advance of Autumn term 2019, member schools should have received the introductory letter & information leaflet. If you have yet to receive it, or would like us to send you the information again, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why £1 per student?
We believe this is an affordable and fair formula, on the basis that larger schools get greater levels of investment. Membership rates are calculated using the latest school census, with adjustments downwards to take account of year groups that will have little contact with the offer. No school will pay more than £790.
What if my school doesn’t become a member?
You will only get a baseline offer: we will help you to develop your School Music Education Plan. However, your school won’t get back any of the added value nor activities/funding provided by membership to help you realise your plan, nor access to the subsidised Wave Arts Education services.
*Individual students from non-member schools will still be able to access SoundStorm ensembles, and hire instruments from us, at the same rates as anyone else. Non-member schools can also hire instruments and buy in projects from the Wave Arts Project Portfolio, but these will be at full price, not subsidised rates
Benefits of membership
- At least £4 investment into your school music department for every £1 paid
- Full access to SoundStorm and the Music Education Hub network and all our partners
- As part of the £4 for £1 offer, each school is offered a financial allocation to support and enhance your music education priorities. This can include First Access (are priority at primary phase); singing support; ensemble development; inspirational experiences; grants to establish ensembles; instrument loans or other activities that will help deliver the best music education to your students
- Access to the Wave Arts Education programme including opportunities to access subsidised projects, CPD, special events and offers from partners
- Opportunities to access additional subsidised cultural activities in your school: eg. visiting musicians/artists, major venue performance, staff CPD and last-minute ticket offers from our partners etc
- Highly subsidised access to our extensive instrument loan service (please visit instrument loans)
- Award–winning officer advice and support
- An enriched school offer to promote to parents and OFSTED
- Opportunities to input into music and cultural education strategies
If you would like to join the membership scheme, please email email@example.com