Welcome to your 2019/20 Music Education Hub offer from SoundStorm.
Thank you for joining us again. This year you can look forward to receiving a more prescribed and comprehensive package of inputs that focus on improving access to;
- First Access (whole class instrumental tuition),
- a live music in-school event,
- schemes of learning through accessible resources,
- a comprehensive package of CPD options and
- support for in school quality singing
This page is intended to be a one-stop-shop for member primary schools in navigating this new package. Below, you can find documents that outline each aspect of the offer along with clear next steps for you to begin engaging with us. As ever, if you have any questions please get in touch with your named music coordinator:
Your membership entitles you to both guaranteed funding for one term of First Access tuition for Year 4 students as well as the supply and maintenance of instrument needs for First Access (one class set minimum).
- Read through our First Access for Schools document.
- Liaise with your named SoundStorm music coordinator (Jo/Anita) to discuss First Access options.
Live and Inspired
SoundStorm has commissioned three, distinct live music tours exclusive to our member primary schools. Your school can select ONE half-day in-school live music experience from either:
Afghan Fusion with The Chris Woods Groove Orchestra Featuring Chris Woods and Ruben Monteiro -Autumn 1: 30th September – 4 th October 2019, AM or PM
Broadstone Music Series ‘Hands up for Hand’s on’ -Spring 2: 3 rd – 7 th February 2020, AM or PM
Coda Music Trust present SVGA -Summer 2: 8th -12th June 2020, AM or PM
- Read through the Live and Inspired Tour document for full information and dates for each tour.
- Contact your named coordinator (Jo/Anita) to confirm your preferred artist and dates.
We have pledged to provide all KS2 Music Hub member schools with a fully-subsidised Charanga license until July 2020 (RRP up to £295).
This offer includes licenses for your whole school, supplementary resources and access to free training to help you to make the most of Charanga.
- Read our latest blog on Charanga
- Register your school for a Charanga license here
- Book you and your colleagues onto one of the following training sessions:
- Need more help? Download our Introduction to Charanga guide or get in touch.
Soundstorm are excited to announce their forthcoming SkillShops series – a programme of twilight CPD workshops for 2019-2020.
The series comprises four instrumental sessions and one singing session. Each session will be packed with hands-on musical activities and information designed to support, challenge and inspire. (More information coming soon).
KS1 Resource Pack
The Hub commissioned Coda Music Trust to develop a KS1 Resource Pack. With input from a range of Hub partners, Coda have created an accessible and practical guide, offering introductions and links to online resources, activities, tips and quick wins all underpinned by a pedagogical approach to music education.
- Download the digital version of the KS1 Resource Pack
‘SingScape’ is the first stage of our two-year ambition to engage schools in developing a robust and vibrant singing programme; one that enhances singing, supports pupil wellbeing and personal development, builds staff confidence and that develops a culture of singing excellence within and potentially between schools.
During the Autumn term, your SoundStorm coordinator will be in touch to discuss the current culture of singing within your school and work with you to arrange provision – delivered in Spring or Summer either in the form of a ‘singing day’ or as a series of shorter inputs.
- Download our SoundStorm SingScape document to explore the different areas our specialists can support you in
- Your music coordinator will be in touch to discuss singing in your schools.