The Government is currently running an online consultation about the future of Music Education in England. We would really encourage you to join the consultation, particularly if you value the work of SoundStorm and our Music Education Hub. If you want our service to continue, it’s important that the Government receives positive comments and feedback about music education hubs. It’s also your chance to have your say more generally into the future direction of Music Education.
The consultation is open to parents and carers, young people, schools, FE and sixth form colleges, school and college staff, governors, musicians and other stakeholders.
You can access it here
Please do name SoundStorm Music Education Hub if you feel it is appropriate.
The Questionnaire should not take very long as it is grouped into different sections:
· Questions 1 – 24 are for everyone
· Questions 25 – 33 are for young people aged 13 – 25
· Questions 34 – 40 are for parents and carers
· Questions 41 – 50 are for teachers and those who are working in schools, colleges, music education hubs and other music services
· Questions 51 – 55 are for head teachers and other leaders in education
· Questions 56 – 62 are for employers in the music industry
The consultation closes on 13 March 2020.
If you want more context about the current National Plan for Music Education, we have a section on our website:
Thank you for your input!